most profitable chickens

That is very true, if you work hard they might pay for themselves. I sometimes think my eggs are as expensive as vintage champaine. But they are very very healthy.

A lil more of my opinion.. I got Duel purpose/heritage breeds. Buff O.'s are big girls but, they lay a very large light to med brown egg.Then I got some Sil. Laced whyandotts-brn egg, and the Silver Grey Dorkings they say a tinted egg I am not sure what they mean. Any Idears?? ANYONE .
idunno.gif
:idunno

My husband jokes that I would have to sell my eggs for 3 dollars apiece to make any kind of profit. I live for the thrill of finding eggs in the nest box everyday.

Quote:
Amen to that!
Hard.... Dan is it? You really need to get rid of that bug or I'm going to get hurt swatting it.
lol.png

An article in Back Yard Poultry says if you keep ten or less it will cost you more than in the store for a dozen eggs. So the more the merrier.

Yeah 12 that's the ticket! I said I'd start out with 12, yeah that sounds about right! Yeah just 12. Only 12. My wife said 12 that'll be good.
Well now I have 25!!!!!!!!! What's one more chick? Right? There like potato chips. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom