1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Most Scenic Poultry Photo!! CONTEST CLOSED

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by County Boy, Feb 27, 2012.

1. NoZolbitty

NoZolbitty Chillin' With My Peeps

I've heard my mom's rooscrow as early as 3 am. It could be possible they were reacting to light from a passing car or the neighbors were running their dogs after fox or coon[​IMG]

2. kimfeatherfriends123

kimfeatherfriends123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2010
    boonville, in
    6 MONTH OLD FRENCH COPPER MARAN
    HIS NAME IS "HANDSOME MAN"
    HE WATCHES OVER EVERYTHING AND IS MOST DIGNIFIED!
    [​IMG]

HE LOOKS MEAN BUT IS A SWEETY...HE IS JUST SERIOUS ABOUT HIS JOB

[​IMG]

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Mixed breed roo
    I think he was about 1 yr old in this pic
    [​IMG]

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]
    "Candy & Coco" going for a walk.
    Lavender Orpington hens (hinkjc)

5. [​IMG]GOOD JOB EVERYONE!! i especially like those keets and the momma!!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  6. pikeechickee

pikeechickee Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2011
    I am not sure how scenic this is. I don't really have "scenic"...lol But I tried to get some pictures. Of course, when I walk out side, everything in the yard just sees a feed sack with feet. But these are my chickens. The hens are just now a year old and the rooster is probably about 4 years old. Someone gave him to us because he needed a home. And of course now he is delighted that we decided to get the hens.

His name is Tutt...as in king. He chases the dog around the yard at times, the dog weighing in at around 90 pounds does not deter Tutt. But he is always the gentleman with his girls. It was rather comical though when the hens were still young as they wanted nothing to do with him, and when I would let them out of the barn in the morning hens would scatter as he chased them about. But he never hurt them and now they all seem to be rather fond of him. The hens are Daisy, Two Piece(my husband named her..lol), Lucy, Lily and I can't remember who all is in the photo. I'm not very creative when it comes to names, and I am still learning to tell the red ones apart.

I am very new to chicken and have much to learn, but I am having a lot of fun and hope to get more after I get my fence better so they are not running all over the place. The neighbors don't care but I am afraid they will get hurt outside of the fence. But they do come to me when I call them, mostly because they want me to give them a snack. And I can hold them if I play my cards right.

Edit: I changed my photos in an attempt to show I can at least read directions, I just don't have any scenic to work with...lol

This is the girls after supper, for some reason they like this log and gather there after I feed them in the evening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. Can anyone tell me what kind of chicken the yellowish hen is?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  7. pikeechickee

pikeechickee Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2011
    Sorry not to put what kind of chickens they are, I am not really sure except the red ones I guess are RIR, but I am not sure about the other hens or Tutt

8. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    Name: Turk
    Breed: Non-bearded black Silkie rooster
    Personality: Tries to act bad but a big softie he loves his girls
    Photo desc: Checking out the new coop and run on a nice beautiful day
    [​IMG]

9. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Name: Zebadiah
    Breed: Bantam Black Plymouth Rock
    Personality: Very dignifies, he never acts aggressively toward people but keeps his girls safe and in line.
    Photo desc: Watching over the girls and the chicks while they forage in the garden beds.
    [​IMG]

10. Disco Hen

Disco Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2012
    Sonoma CA
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Spike the frizzle roo, and Misty a black cochin bantam hen, Misty is 8 months, and Spike is 11 months. Their personality is very friendly, and they are both very protective of the other bantams :) The photo description is them relaxing in the cherry blossoms.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by