"Mother Goose" What breed comes to mind

If I missed this in the original post or responses I am sorry but I looked and didn't see it when I was scanning through.
Mother Goose was an actual woman. She was the 2nd wife of widower Isaac Goose and is buried in Boston, MA. She has an interesting story, though not much information is around about her. Sheraw's Ducks and Goose book has a reference to her in the middle of the book, I don't remember where exactly but that's where I first realized she was real. Here is the Wikipedia reference...I have always been a history nerd! Loved this!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Goose

PS: I always think of a big old white Embden-type farm goose. My uncle use to have three that ran all over my grandparents farm when were little kids. Those "HUGE" birds terrified me and my siblings and cousins. (In hindsight and several growth spurts later...they weren't HUGE after all and probably not as mean and vicious as we had imagined either. Though we never investigated as young kids.) My kids NOW have no idea of a goose reputation. We often catch our five year old showing them whose boss and our two year old has no issues collecting their eggs, even from underneath the hens themselves.

If I missed this in the original post or responses I am sorry but I looked and didn't see it when I was scanning through.
Mother Goose was an actual woman. She was the 2nd wife of widower Isaac Goose and is buried in Boston, MA. She has an interesting story, though not much information is around about her. Sheraw's Ducks and Goose book has a reference to her in the middle of the book, I don't remember where exactly but that's where I first realized she was real. Here is the Wikipedia reference...I have always been a history nerd! Loved this!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Goose
Yes, that´s one of about 4 possibilities I´ve read...whoever it was, whatever her nationality, it´s given us an interesting thread...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom