Mother Guinea Pig injured her

Rcak

Hatching
Apr 14, 2021
1st time poster please don't judge

One of our female guinea pigs gave birth to three babies. The runt was injured by the mother and is missing one of its back legs 😢 The baby can move around on its 2 front legs and has eaten sum food. It looks very weak tired and not sure if it will survive the night😢😢😢 help dont know what to do

Last edited:
One of our female guinea pigs gave birth to three babies. The runt was injured my the mother and is missing one of its back legs 😢 The baby can move around on its 2 front legs and has eaten sum food. It looks very weak tired and not sure if it will survive the night😢😢😢 help dont know what to do
I would say put it in a towel or a sock, hand feed it, don't force it to go anywhere, and feed it water from a nasal syrenge. Try to get it more vitamin c. How are the other babies?

I would say put it in a towel or a sock, hand feed it, don't force it to go anywhere, and feed it water from a nasal syrenge. Try to get it more vitamin c. How are the other babies?
The other ones are fine. Thankyou for replying. Yes I've put in a sock and don't have a syringe but will get 1 in the morning 1st thing, its had sum water and nibbled sum food. I've separated the others from it to be on the safe side. The other 2 babies are with the mother and have another sock for them both.

The other ones are fine. Thankyou for replying. Yes I've put in a sock and don't have a syringe but will get 1 in the morning 1st thing, its had sum water and nibbled sum food. I've separated the others from it to be on the safe side. The other 2 babies are with the mother and have another sock for them both.
I love socks. Socks are the magical cure for babies. at least as a snuggly. I find that most of the people i've told to put a sock in the bin tell me that the babies have perked up.

I love socks. Socks are the magical cure for babies. at least as a snuggly. I find that most of the people i've told to put a sock in the bin tell me that the babies have perked up.
Aww that's reassuring, well fingers crossed this little one pulls through the night, thanks again for replying

Back
Top Bottom