1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mother In Laws

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ridgefire, Dec 20, 2008.

1. ridgefire

ridgefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I think everyone needs at least two or three of them. [​IMG]

We decided that this year we are going to have everyone over for Christmas breakfast. I know I know, but hey.

Well my mother in law told me I needed to go buy some eggs, because she wont eat those eggs from my barn. [​IMG] I told her there is no way I would ever buy eggs again and that my eggs are better than any store bought egg. She told me she would not be eating then.

Thank Goodness they only visit us a couple times a year.

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Yup, they can be entertaining can't they? [​IMG]

I feel a little punchy tonight so I'd suggest getting an egg carton from somewhere and putting your eggs in it. Let her get the eggs from the carton (make sure it has a current date on it) and just don't tell her she's eating yours. Unless she's really watching she may not notice the wonderful yellow color difference.[​IMG]

3. Hellvagirl

Hellvagirl Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Ellijay,GA
    Find you an egg carton,put your eggs in it.Problem solved she'll never know the difference. [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:Except that they'll be better than any eggs she's ever eaten!

5. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Tell her you'll be serving one of your chickens for lunch too, maybe she will just stay home, and everyone else will have a nice visit without her, I always say "If you dont like what I serve feel free to stay home, or bring your own." [​IMG]

6. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Mine lives 100 feet away!!! She is THE best though. I would just put them in a carton too and act like nothing was different when I pulled them outta the fridge.

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Mine is coming here the day after Christmas... and I wish they lived with us. They are wonderful.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The only issue is if she's used to eating white eggs and you only have brown eggs. My DIL will only eat white eggs. [​IMG] Crazy woman, she is. Like she thinks white ones dont come out of a chicken's bum like the brown ones. Or maybe she thinks the Egg Fairy waved a magic wand over them and turned them white, therefore, sanitary. Sheesh.

9. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Guess she'll have to make do with biscuit/toast and jam. [​IMG]

10. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    What an ungrateful woman. Oh how I would love if someone cooked me a meal with fresh ingredients. I've only met my MIL once and I cooked her eggs wrong for her. She let me know by slamming her plate down infront of me telling me they weren't cooked right. Needless to say she got oatmeal the next morning. Serve your farm fresh eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by