~**Motorcycle Thread**~ For the Biker in us ....

Quote:
LOL, yeah... but it's a HARLEY! (and worth every penny!)

Finally getting to be ridding season up here in MI. Got a few miles in this weekend!

Last edited:
my ride is an hd xl1200s. i love it, and, it's paid for. never had a problem with it other than the primary gasket needed replaced. (luckily i have handy friends). i like the evolution engine and belt drive. i love the power too. when i bought it, it had hurst forward controls. they sucked, and could not fix the master cylinder so i went back to stock. i don't have any fancy crap on mine. simple is better for me. mine will definately hold it's value because i only ride it a few hundred miles a year. the last pic i have is on my old puter, but when i get it out and wash it, i'll have it pose for some pics.

it's all about riding, no matter what you have, just have fun, and be safe.

Here is mine...

87657_bike_run_038_2.jpg

This is the DW and I at Jackson Lake in Jackson Hole WY a couple years ago. I ride the Yamaha Royal Star Tour Classic 1300 behind us and she rides a Yamaha V-Star 1100. We put on 3500 miles on that run. First was the Buffalo Chip at the Sturgis Rally for a few days. Then we headed west through Wyoming, Utah, Idaho and Montana. We did Beartooth Pass on that trip. If you haven't done it put it on your bucket list for riding. I think we topped out around 11,000 feet going over the top. Great trip, good memories.

Road003.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
what a trip you two had. those are some amazing places, but no sturgis for this chick, lol! too many ppl. although i do go up there off season. Montana sounds like a plan, it's beautiful up that way. thanks for sharing!

Quote:
what a trip you two had. those are some amazing places, but no sturgis for this chick, lol! too many ppl. although i do go up there off season. Montana sounds like a plan, it's beautiful up that way. thanks for sharing!

Oh, The Rally is OK in small doses. Have been there a number of times. There for a few days then move on. Our last long run was what we called the BBQ run. Left Northern MN for by bro's home in Chippewa Fall Wi. Then a long day to St. Louis in 100 degree heat. Then Jonesboro AR to visit friends, made a side trip to Black Oak AR for catfish with fixins (amazingly good), a night in Memphis on Beale Street. BBQ was amazing, Birmingham AL to visit friends, Atlanta GA to visit friends, Nashville only because it was raining hard so we spent the night, then a grueling long run back to Chippewa Fall WI with no sleep because I failed to book a hotel and every room was full from Madison WI on north. We started at 8am in Nashville and stopped at 7am the next morning in Chippewa Falls WI. We did stop in a truck stop around Tomah WI until sunrise because I almost hit a Huge deer then a GIANT raccoon one right after the other in the dark. The trip was great except for the last 36 hours. We took two weeks on that run so we had time to relax here and there.

sounds like a real good "breaking in". you know, i have not ventured out of state on my bike. but i have camped with it. it's so fun to see what you can pack in those saddle bags and make a go of it. i even have a pocket fisherman. a little foldup fishing pole that is a lifesaver. i can load my tent, sleeping bag, change of clothing, you name it. one day soon i hope to get out of nebraska, on my bike, and visit other states. but leaving my chickens and garden, well, that is the hard part. you two have seen alot on 2 wheels. and that is to behold, the smells, the sights.

Quote:

Oh, The Rally is OK in small doses. Have been there a number of times. There for a few days then move on. Our last long run was what we called the BBQ run. Left Northern MN for by bro's home in Chippewa Fall Wi. Then a long day to St. Louis in 100 degree heat. Then Jonesboro AR to visit friends, made a side trip to Black Oak AR for catfish with fixins (amazingly good), a night in Memphis on Beale Street. BBQ was amazing, Birmingham AL to visit friends, Atlanta GA to visit friends, Nashville only because it was raining hard so we spent the night, then a grueling long run back to Chippewa Fall WI with no sleep because I failed to book a hotel and every room was full from Madison WI on north. We started at 8am in Nashville and stopped at 7am the next morning in Chippewa Falls WI. We did stop in a truck stop around Tomah WI until sunrise because I almost hit a Huge deer then a GIANT raccoon one right after the other in the dark. The trip was great except for the last 36 hours. We took two weeks on that run so we had time to relax here and there.

my bf had an owl attack his headlight one night. then ran right over a rabbit. i've taken several splashes of gravel from all the semis on the road. not fun. i don't have a windshield or faceshield on my helmet. omg a huge raccoon!? i'd go in the ditch! but sounds like a great time otherwise!

Back
Top Bottom