Mottled Ameraucana Thread

I wish I could but my stupid phone won't let me upload anything on byc.
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

I did post a picture on mottled ameraucanas Facebook. You babies are adorable. How many of yours hatched? I lost 9 to saddled air sac. Shipping eggs are hard to hatch.

Teal,
I have lost over 2 dozen shipped eggs and 7 live chicks thanks to the wonderful handling of the Postal Authorities in the last month!
Kurt

That sucks!!!!! They are so rough with packages. I am sorry that happen to you that's a lot of money and heartache. I am really hoping the chicks I have now are what I said, 1 rooster and 4 pullets. If not I am going to have to find someone close to Ohio, i don't think I can go through shipped eggs again.

Well i can see that this thread has died out, but I wanted to show some Mottled Ams mixed in with my BBS Aussie hatch.
They are the buggers with the black and yellow spots on their heads and I got 9 out of 10 this time.

Sara,
I sold the blue and the splash that I got from you and kept the blacks and the mottled. I am trying to concentrate on straight black heters and homo blacks with no other mixing. The last hatch of 9 out of 10 looks like they will all be heter black because I only bred the heter hen, 1 homo hen, and a heter black male. Time will tell. Thanks for starting me out with them. I have enough crazy Blue, Black and Splashes with my Australorps. I am hoping to get some chicks from Joseph Woodiel in the near future, but he had a major predator problem.
Kurt

You should still get a good mix of homozygous chicks if you have a heterozygous male bird over hetero and a homo. hens. I am sorry to hear that. Predators are the worst. I have been having a rat problem myself. Killed 5 of my grow outs in one night, and another a couple of nights ago. Time to break out the big guns!

Back
Top Bottom