Mottled Orpington Egg Hatched - Close up photos - Julie

I am digging thru the brooder pics now.... will see if I can get a close up of the mottleds from the group shots..

I can try to get some pics tomorrow. Don't know that will help you much as they hatched out Jan 31.

I just moved them to the big coop last week along with the marans they brooded with.

Julie

Here is a pic taken 10 days old. It's a group shot but while not the best I am pretty sure that is one of the mottleds.

mottwingtips21008.jpg

mottledorpwingshot.jpg

I will go out tomorrow and try to separate them out from the group and take some shots of them now. I have to look at feet because they are with blues and blacks and the group hangs together...lol. But the marans have the feathered feet so I will be able to sort them out.

Julie

Last edited:
Not all orps have pinkish legs. My black orps have black feet and legs. It is the soles of their feet that should be white.

They are all beautiful! Makes me want more! Oh, I almost forgot... I'm getting more Wednesday!!! Are the grey chicks in the brooder blue orps? I want some blue orp eggs to hatch next spring so bad! They are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.
smile.png
All of your new babies are just beautiful!

Great looking babies

I have some of BamaChickens eggs in the bator right now that are due to hatch on Friday. I still have one MO that is viable. I'll keep fingers crossed till then
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom