Mottled Orpington Egg Hatched - Close up photos - Julie

I wish I had more knowledge of the crosses now but at the time I just threw a few eggs from the layer pen in the bator with my Feb swap eggs just to see what I would get.It maybe something to work with and try to improve on the lacing.I guess I have a little project to do now.
pop.gif

Quote:
Julie, I didn't mean it the way it sounded about the blue/buffs.I think they are beautiful and want one for myself.I know they are pure Orps by characteristics but color wise the chicken world would consider them"mutts".It would be no different than crossing a SLW and a BLRW, they would really be a wyandotte but not true by color.

I hatched out one mottled orpington from Julie's eggs (hi Julie, welcome home!
frow.gif
). I also hatched a black rock from Jim's eggs, and they are all together. They look a lot alike, but the rock as yellow legs. This is the mottled orp chick:

314192025.jpg

314192027.jpg

314192029.jpg

No, Miss P, but if he does crow it wont break my heart at all. I have several other black orp hens that would love to vie for his attention.

Wow, Halo those legs are light. I don't have a clue how that chick will turn out so keep me posted. The Roo was black until about three months and then the transformation began. His legs were that color though. This is a project after all and so glad many of you want to help.

Back
Top Bottom