Mottled/Spangled Orpingtons

Pics
Yes.

Mottled X Black = 100% Black offspring, recessively carrying the Mottled gene. These birds might have "spots" when they are young, but will loose most, if not all when they mature.

Breed the offspring together, F1 X F1, OR breed the F1 to the Mottled parent bird and in your F2 generation you will produce visually Mottled offspring. These birds can be considered pure Mottled and when bred together will produce 100% Mottled progeny.
Ok thanks

Yes.

Mottled X Black = 100% Black offspring, recessively carrying the Mottled gene. These birds might have "spots" when they are young, but will loose most, if not all when they mature.

Breed the offspring together, F1 X F1, OR breed the F1 to the Mottled parent bird and in your F2 generation you will produce visually Mottled offspring. These birds can be considered pure Mottled and when bred together will produce 100% Mottled progeny.

Once again, well said Jeremy
big_smile.png
, (my "go to" guy for genetics
hugs.gif
)

I know this is for mottled orps but wanted to show you something interesting. At least one of my Del roosters and one Del hen must be carrying the lavender gene because I don't have lavenders in with my white dels. This is the only Lavender Del I have hatched, so far all the rest have been black & white. Now if I can get him safely grown
smile.png
, I hate just having one of something as that is the one that will end up a hawk snack
sad.png

Interesting though......

Once again, well said Jeremy :D , (my "go to" guy for genetics :hugs ) I know this is for mottled orps but wanted to show you something interesting. At least one of my Del roosters and one Del hen must be carrying the lavender gene because I don't have lavenders in with my white dels. This is the only Lavender Del I have hatched, so far all the rest have been black & white. Now if I can get him safely grown :) , I hate just having one of something as that is the one that will end up a hawk snack :( Interesting though......
Looks beautiful

What ever happened to the lavender mottled? Haven't seen any more except from the one breeder who's website is down. Is it true that Lavander feathers are more fragile?

Back
Top Bottom