Mountain Peep's Awesome Chat Thread! (All friends welcome!)

Do you like it?

• Yes

Votes: 166 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I really hope someone is on right now because I have some questions about a kitten that was left in our front yard.

So, like I said, we found a baby kitten (from looking at diagrams I would think 3-4 weeks old, but please correct me if I'm wrong) in our front yard right by the road. It's been raining here all day so you can imagine he's (I'll just call it a he) very cold. We do have a pet carrier so we put him in that with some clean towels to warm him up. He seems to have warmed up and he is taking a nap right now, and he's not dead, I keep checking on him and he is breathing and moving. :) There seems to be little white flakes in his fur and a few brown bugs crawling on his skin, so I'm guessing these are fleas or mites? My mom used to be a Vet Tech a long time ago so she said that the best thing to do is get him warmed up and then give him a flea bath. Should we give him any flea medication? I read you can give them some but I'm not sure if it's safe for a kitten his age..... Also, we're going to get him milk replacer and some kitten food, so does anyone have any suggestions on how much to feed him? And his gums are pale, is he dehydrated or could this be something else or simply from being cold? Sorry for so many questions, but my family's more of chicken/dog/goat people, not very cat knowledgable! :lol:

Here's a pic and I'll try to get more soon:

Hey everyone! I really hope someone is on right now because I have some questions about a kitten that was left in our front yard.

So, like I said, we found a baby kitten (from looking at diagrams I would think 3-4 weeks old, but please correct me if I'm wrong) in our front yard right by the road. It's been raining here all day so you can imagine he's (I'll just call it a he) very cold. We do have a pet carrier so we put him in that with some clean towels to warm him up. He seems to have warmed up and he is taking a nap right now, and he's not dead, I keep checking on him and he is breathing and moving. :) There seems to be little white flakes in his fur and a few brown bugs crawling on his skin, so I'm guessing these are fleas or mites? My mom used to be a Vet Tech a long time ago so she said that the best thing to do is get him warmed up and then give him a flea bath. Should we give him any flea medication? I read you can give them some but I'm not sure if it's safe for a kitten his age..... Also, we're going to get him milk replacer and some kitten food, so does anyone have any suggestions on how much to feed him? And his gums are pale, is he dehydrated or could this be something else or simply from being cold? Sorry for so many questions, but my family's more of chicken/dog/goat people, not very cat knowledgable! :lol:

I'd just give him a bath and see where that gets you till he's stronger. If his gums are pale I'd guess he's probably a bit anemic.

I would give him some flea medication but just to be safe give half of what's recommend and for the food just fill up the container your using and he should stop eating once he is full

X2

Hello!
I would give him some flea medication but just to be safe give half of what's recommend and for the food just fill up the container your using and he should stop eating once he is full

I'd just give him a bath and see where that gets you till he's stronger. If his gums are pale I'd guess he's probably a bit anemic.
X2

Ok thanks guys! That we were thinking, but I just waned some more opinions! :)

He is so cute .ihave a cat, but I really don't know, abbey, I'm sorry. :/

Don't Stop, Don't stop we're in luck now!
Don't stop there's no fun to be found
We can't find paradise
All we have to do is go!, Go! Free your soul

Mysteries abound in this world that we will see ( that we will see)
Foes all around now we'll go fearless and free
I feel so strange that's how we'll win (that's how we'll win)
Our courage won't fade if your with me, our enemies can never win!

We will fight for love and glory, We will live to tell our story
There is nothing we can live through nothing ever dies we will rise again!

Don't stop, Don't stop we're in luck now!
Don't stop there's no fun to be found
We can't find paradise
All we have to do is Go! Go! Free your soul
Dragon Soul!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom