Mouse Plague!! HELP

Quote:
He deserved a little braggin! HA! Too true on the sassy. Maybe you will have to plant his own pup flower bed next summer. *WIDE TOOTH GRIN*

Onto the next new body part!
smile.png
You are getting younger everyday!

Quote:
Hi Jean,
I'm guessing a wee bit here but I think as long as the cotton balls still smell strongly of peppermint, they're still viable. I got Mouse Magic at an Ace Hardware store. Not sure if Ace is all over the country or not but MM can also be ordered on line from a number of places...when googled, lots of options come up......more now than back when I got the stuff.
A friend has also used MM, in this case in her car engine because the mice were setting up shop in there, and she's had no problems since. It's probably not 100% effective but does seem to make a difference.
The MM packets smell of peppermint and spearmint and I would think that once that scent becomes minimal, it would be a good time to replace. How long that takes would likely vary depending upon the "weather" conditions the packet is in. Which reminds me, I'll have to check the "status" of my MM packets!
JJ

We have an ace hardware and I am calling them right now. I have them in my car. I had Buck clean that out as well.

It is too funny how we got him to kill mice. We didn't do it on purpose LOL. Little dogs love those cheap little cat nip mice, the colored ones. Well when we would see one of Bucks we would yell Yew Yew a mouse and he would run and grab it and shake the stink out of it and we would tell him oh what a good boy LOL.

Cleaning in an out building and while talking to my daughter I had a mouse jump out at me and she yelled, he ran and caught that mouse and shook it till it died. We praised him and he has been searching them out ever since.

He is just too funny about it. LOL A nest of 6 or 7 is nothing he gets them all LOL now I throw them to the chickens.

Our T & T Hardware has Mouse Magic on order and he will be calling me when it gets in. He also said they make one for bats, my nephew has a big problem with bats in the walls of his house and the DNR said no can do anything to kill them as they are protected. But if he puts this stuff up they will move out in a quick hurry. Thanks again for that info.

I recently purchased a registered Dachshund puppy and have since realized that she makes a great mouse carcher/killer. That's not what I got her for but it's a plus.

Quote:
Dachsunds were bred to hunt badgers. My mini is quite the little hunter--she has killed a rat or two that she found near the house and any mice she can catch. I think cats are the way to go though. I think there's even a place around here that will place fixed, vaccinated feral cats with people specifically to live in their barns. I thought about it but don't have that bad a mouse problem.

I use a 4" plastic PVC pipe about 4 foot long. Slide one or two of the commercial "sticky" traps in the pipe far enough that fowl, cats or dog can'tget to it. Check it every day. Tractor supply,wal-mart or co-op has them. Other stores probably do too. A fifty-five gallon barrel with a little feed in the bottom will catch them too. Spray a little "Pam around the inside to make them slippery, BUT you have to figure a way to get them OUT of the barrel.

Back
Top Bottom