"Move Order Notification" from Ideal... YIKES!!!

chickensducks&agoose

Songster
11 Years
Aug 28, 2008
New England.. the cold part.
I just got a M.O.N. from Ideal, changing my order's ship date from April to TOMORROW. I live in vermont! It's snowy here! I was going to have the chicks out in the shed.. but now will have to have them in the HOUSE... Also, I was hoping to pre-sell some on CL, but haven't had the time! What will I do with 26 chicks??? Plus, I was wait listed for 2... and the email didn't tell me if I was getting those 2 or not! What is the deal? Sending me an email in the afternoon on a sunday (when they don't answer their phones) and telling me that they plan to ship tomorrow!?!?

Here's the e-mail

We are trying to move your April XXth order to March 10th. Please give us a call at 800-243-3257 option 2 for Retail sales or any of the extensions listed at the bottom of this e-mail. Please refer to this e-mail when you call. If you do not get an answer, please leave a voice mail and we will get back with you soon. We look forward to providing you with quality poultry.

WHAT?

Good grief. I plan the timing of my orders and hatches very carefully. I would be very upset at this.

I hope it works out for you. I wonder why they are doing it?

Catherine

When I ordered from Ideal, they had my order early ready as well. But the move up wasn't required. I think the message is asking if its OK for them to move up the date. Leave a message and tell them it will not work for you.

Tomorrow is only the 8th. The 10th is Wednesday giving you a couple of days to get hold of them and tell them you can't receive them yet....

They ship on Mondays, and in order to get the chicks the 10th, they will be shipping tomorrow. I called and left a message, I just hope they get it... I've heard of people here who got their ship dates changed, and didn't even know it until the PO calls... Anyway, I am going to go out and get chick feed and a new bulb tomorrow, just in case!!! I ordered 15 EEs, 8 Fayoumi, 1 d'uccle (or dutch bantam.. not sure which they're sending), 2 ancona, and am wait listed for 2 salmon faverolles. Also got 10 turkeys coming late april...

My current chicken flock includes 3 mystery hens (maybe some sort of sex link mutt) and a mystery roo, 1 BO, 3 EE, 1 GSL, 1 Brahma, 1 spitzhauben, & 2 chanteclers.

Should be quite the zoo! Whenever I get the chickies.

When placing my order with MPC, one of the questions was "Would I be willing to accept an earlier ship date if it became available." Ideal doesn't do that?

-David (T minus one month and counting for my first bevy)

chickensducks&agoose :

They ship on Mondays, and in order to get the chicks the 10th, they will be shipping tomorrow. I called and left a message, I just hope they get it... I've heard of people here who got their ship dates changed, and didn't even know it until the PO calls... Anyway, I am going to go out and get chick feed and a new bulb tomorrow, just in case!!! I ordered 15 EEs, 8 Fayoumi, 1 d'uccle (or dutch bantam.. not sure which they're sending), 2 ancona, and am wait listed for 2 salmon faverolles. Also got 10 turkeys coming late april...

My current chicken flock includes 3 mystery hens (maybe some sort of sex link mutt) and a mystery roo, 1 BO, 3 EE, 1 GSL, 1 Brahma, 1 spitzhauben, & 2 chanteclers.

Should be quite the zoo! Whenever I get the chickies.

I think the 10th is the day they are going to ship. They don't usually quote the day of arrival since it might vary a day or so. I know when I ordered from Ideal, the only day they quoted me was the ship date. They also said they ship Mondays through Wednesday.​

Last edited:
If they can't meet your ship date cancel the order and tell them you'll go elsewhere for chicks. Quite frankly my first order from Ideal was my last. I wasn't happy w' the quality of the birds. CM hens too light, SLW w/ single combs, Rd friz w' blk feathers.

Back
Top Bottom