Moving Day! Girls being moved into their new, larger, coop.

Mtn Laurel

Crowing
11 Years
May 18, 2012
Northern Virginia
My Coop
My Coop
We're moving our three ladies into their new and improved coop this afternoon. It's going to be a big change for them but they'll have plenty of room as it's 8 x 10 with lots of windows and ventilation. Heck, both of our adult children have threatened to move into the coop so I think the ladies should be happy there.

My question is should I keep them inside the coop for the first few days to make sure they know it's their new home? Their existing coop is a tractor that I'll be cleaning out to prepare for the six chicks currently in my bathroom. I won't be able to move the tractor out of the girls vision, they'll be able to see if from their new coop and run. I'm imagining the girls standing at the fence tonight trying to find their way back to the tractor. Guess I could cover it with a tarp so that they don't see it.

Should I keep them inside the new coop to make sure they know where "home" is? If so, for how long? Picture of new coop below.

Fabulous coop! My girls would love a coop like that. I wouldn't bother covering up the old coop. Your chickens might be a little confused at first, but they should catch on quickly. :)

Back
Top Bottom