Moving from CA to IN

mitchwasik

Hatching
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
We may be moving to Terre Haute from California and would like to take our 4 hens. Is this something I should consider or should I just start from scratch after the move?

I'm not sure how hard it is to transport chickens that distance. Have never done it. Also would have to consider the big difference in the weather. Depending on the time of year though, I am sure it is possible, especially if you really love those hens!! Maybe practice taking them for long car rides and see how it goes, and then make adjustments as needed, to condition them for the long drive!!

smile.png

* You and I are in a similar boat. We are due to move from FL to OR, at some point soon. We're planning to fly and taking our 2 hens with us. Hardest part to date (other than illness halting packing) has been finding a vet to give the girls a green light. Seems there isn't a chicken vet to be found around here.
hmm.png

All I can say is BRRRR! I just recently moved from FL to KY, and I have froze to death all summer long!!
I am originally from NW IN, and believe me, it gets really cold there!

Welcome to Indiana...........I don't know much about Terre Haute except that is in the west central portion of the state. It does get cold, but you won't have the lake effect snow of the nw part. I think you will find most people to be very friendly and helpful.

Quote:
I'm also from Indiana........ don't live in Terre Haute, but have been through there a lot lately as my son goes to college in Vincennes. One thing about Indiana....if you don't like the weather....wait til tomorrow, it will be different.
smile.png

Quote:
if you really like them take them with,they will be fine,birds can adapt much better then people to colder temps,its the heat they have trouble with

Back
Top Bottom