• I don't know

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Daddas1Punkin

Crowing
11 Years
Feb 9, 2012
Ca.
I know I have posted his in a few places but I need some answers please.

Well next month we say 'goodbye' to this current house, and 'hello' to the house of our dreams! Well, I would like to know anything I should about moving with chicks & chickens. Would someone like to help please?
We have a month till we move in (the first week in April) and about two weeks to fix it up a little.
ep.gif
Will the chickens do okay? I know the babies won't care, but I don't know about the big chickens. Also, do think they should be moved in crates/boxes or be moved in a box truck in their coop? Would they do fine in their coop in the truck? Do you think? lol Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for the help!
frow.gif

I'm not sure how stale the coop is, but is there a possibility of it falling over? How far are you travelling? I think if they get stressed out from the noise/movement they might start flapping around and could hurt themselves. You should transport them in crates to be safe.

I'm not sure how stale the coop is, but is there a possibility of it falling over? How far are you travelling? I think if they get stressed out from the noise/movement they might start flapping around and could hurt themselves. You should transport them in crates to be safe.

We are getting a box truck, and I think it has places to tie it into place. We are only moving about 2 miles away, It only takes us like five min.s to get there. It is kinda short so I don't think that it would fall over.
idunno.gif

I would be sure to have the birds in a secure setting that minimizes any chance at all of a topple..As short of a distance, you could even use cardboard boxes, large ones with air holes if you don't have access to the cages which would certainly be the most secure. Your grocery store has what I call banana boxes which could be taped together and would be helpful Also, if you have a locally owned feed and seed store, this time of year a lot of the plants like onions come in thin wooden boxes with a top that fastens down. You could put a feed sack in the bottom of that and use as a carrier as well, dependent upon size of your animals. Hope you have a successful move! Nancy

Back
Top Bottom