Moving incubating eggs

Frenchrunners

Hatching
Sep 15, 2016
Hello! I have 5 Indian runner eggs in an incubator. I'm on day 26 and one of the eggs now has a small hole in it. Because of very bad planning on my part, I'm away for a few days just as the eggs are about to hatch. My plan: surround the eggs with towel (or cover them?) to stop them moving around and then pop the incubator very gently and carefully in a preheated car and drive 12 minutes to a friend's house for them to see them through the hatching process. Is this a terrible idea? Also, I've dropped the temperature to 37.2 but can't check the humidity so have made sure the bottom of the incubator is filled up with water and keep misting them twice a day or 3 times. Does that seem sensible? Hope someone can advise. Many thanks!

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I'm with redsoxs on this one - never tried it, nor do i have the experience to even begin to surmise the outcome, sorry. The link given to you by redsox should put you in touch with members that do.

Good luck
CT

You are most welcome
smile.png

If the ride is truly only 12 minutes and the car very warm, I think there will be no problems. If someone assists you by holding onto the incubator to keep it steady - should work out.

Thank you. Also, should we keep misting the eggs? I've read that both not enough and too much moisture can cause the ducklings to get stuck and die...

Back
Top Bottom