Moving Into A New Coop

brwneggs

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 21, 2010
Northern Indiana
We are going to be building a better chicken mobile for Isa brown girls and their cocky Isa Brown rooster. Will it be a hard transition for them to move into a new place? Espically when they are going to lay? Thank you

I have moved my girls a couple of times without much trouble. The only thing you might have a problem with is when it is time to go up at night. I had to pick them up and put them in the coop, they were roosting in tree branches, bushes, etc. That only lasted a couple of days before the light bulb came on and they figured it out. If they were close to laying, I would put some fake eggs in the nest boxes to insure that they would lay in there. Never had a problem. Good luck.
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio! I think your chickens & roo will adjust to the new coop just fine.
ya.gif
They will take a day or two to inspect their new home. Don't be surprised if there's a slow-down in eggs at first.
thumbsup.gif
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU, my feather loving friend!

As soon as i put my silkies in there new coop/run the next day 2 of my silkies decided to lay a egg and the my other silkie laid the day later. They have only been sperated from the standard chickens since sunday today is tuesday almost wednesday here in australia, so 3 days about. Already in those 3 days they are alot happier and all seem to be gaining weight.

Chickens tend to hate change...but on the bright side, they adapt quickly to a new routine and then will hate to change from that. Expect a day or two of settling in.

Thank you for all respones. Now I know that they will be ok. I just need to find someone who will build me one. My father is old and very comprehensive about bldg another one without plans. I want to build one that is up high, is moble, has a run, with wheels, and they can also go under the coop (Since its up high) and a place for 2 laying boxes. And you can open the side to clean it easy. All that would be easy on my back and knee. I have everything to make it with, I just dont have plans. And the budget it quit tight to off buying books etc.
Anyone that would be able to help me out, I surly appreciate it. I love our girls. My husband also has cerebal palsy, so he can not build it.
Thank you!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom