We’re moving!

Gwhite3678

Songster
Apr 1, 2022
New Hampshire
We are going to be moving and taking our girls with us.
What do you think is reasonable as far as how I leave the coop for the new owners? I have no idea if they have or plan to have chickens in the immediate future.
I was planning on just shoveling out all the bedding and emptying out the nest boxes. I was not going to disinfect or do anything extensive.

We are moving the girls into a barn that was used to house a horse and it’s hay.
hoping I don’t need to do much cleaning prior since no chickens have been housed here so no chance of lingering disease

Oo! I was just coming on here to chat about the same thing! We’re moving in the first week of March in the throes of Canadian winter! I’m trying to stay on top of things now by clearing out any frozen wood chips or Stall Dry on above freezing days. Thankfully I’ll have a couple of days to move them over and then go back to clean. I might turn on a little heater in the coop once they’re relocated and it’s empty. (Just enough to defrost the poop LOL ) I would sure appreciate any thoughts on acclimating a flock to new digs!

Back
Top Bottom