Moving. Or...at least thinking about it.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by dreamer5577, Apr 8, 2012.

1. dreamer5577

dreamer5577 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I'm about ready to re locate. I just...don't know where. I do have a few states in mind. I love the heat..HATE the cold. I'm currently in a rural area in Pennsylvania.
    I figured I'd get some opinions from you folks! :)

I DO NOT want to live in the city or suburbs. I'm okay with rural. I really want a small farm, but for now I don't know if I'll be able to afford that. I mean...All in all ...I want some land. And privacy. Haha

The states I have in mind-
    North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Kentucky
    Tennessee

I'm leaning more towards the Carolinas though!

What are good towns in these states? By good I mean... A nice "community" and the specs listed above.

I'm really hoping I get lucky and run into a decent foreclosure!

Thanks!!!! :)

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I hope you find what you are looking for.

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I don't know what your thoughts are on Texas, but I moved down her last July (Floresville, south of San Antonio) and our whole family is just in LOVE! We adore the schools here, the people are super nice, the wildflowers are breathtaking! And it is HOT! :) I was terrified to uproot my kids with a teen, two headed toward teendom fast, and a baby. It has been absolute BLISS! Good luck in your hunt!

4. whytedragon

whytedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Floresville, Texas
    Floresville, Tx here also..LOVE it out here!! We moved from the city 2 years ago and never looked back.

5. elijahboy

elijahboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    i live near charleston sc....you dont want to live near charleston but close enough to visit....lived here for 30 years now

the foreclosures are everywhere here now

i just got a 4bd 2 ba house on .70 for 40k. i know its not much land but there are plenty on homepath.com right now...

there is ONE that i want so bad....i think its almost an acre or a little over and acre...its a 3bd 2 bath for a whopping 45k although like a week ago they only wanted 35k. it says it needs work...there is only one pic of the house....go to realtor.com and type in north, sc and set the maximum at like 50k and it should be the second one listed...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by