Moving Outside!

May 5, 2023
We have 4 Buff Orpington chicks who are 6.5 weeks old. Where we live the daily temps are around 60-65 and the nighttime temps are between 40-50. The coop is ready for the girls - but when will my girls be ready for the outside world? Any tips on how to move them outside with the least amount of stress on them? Thanks so much!

Last edited:
I...think they are fully feathered? It's my first time raising chickens, but they look pretty feathery. 🤣
Provide pictures if you can!

I just put my 15 out at 5 1/2-6 weeks and I was pretty scared but surprisingly I think they were ready to move into their home because of how excited they were flapping around

We have 4 Buff Orpington chicks who are 6.5 weeks old. I live in the Midwest, so daily temps are around 60-65 and the nighttime temps are between 40-50. The coop is ready for the girls - but when will my girls be ready for the outside world? Any tips on how to move them outside with the least amount of stress on them? Thanks so much!
have you done field trips yet? Taking them outdoors?

Provide pictures if you can!

I just put my 15 out at 5 1/2-6 weeks and I was pretty scared but surprisingly I think they were ready to move into their home because of how excited they were flapping around
They are asleep now, but these are my babies two weeks ago (4 weeks old):

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1684033124690.jpg
    FB_IMG_1684033124690.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 27
I put 15 chicks out today after finishing their new coop. To make it warm and cozy I added pine shavings on the floor and suspended a ceramic heater from the ceiling.It was part of the run before I converted it to coop. My chickens will be surprised to see the chicks in the morning. The other half of my runs connected but a wall and door separates the two. They'll be 4 weeks old Tuesday (zone 5)

Back
Top Bottom