Moving quail outside?

Louchick23

Chirping
Mar 17, 2020
Hi! My quails are 1 week and 4 days old. I was wondering if I could move them outside because they are stinking the house up. I love in Missouri And the temps are 90s and 80s at the highest. The lowest temp are in the 60s and low 70s. Do you think they will be able to move out?

I've moved mine outside at 10 days before but I usually wait until 2 weeks. As long as you have an area outside that is protected from the elements and drafts and you put a heat lamp in there they should be fine at 11 days old with the temps you mentioned.

But remember they're not the smartest creatures. I think these guys were 11 or 12 days old and they all huddled up together with lows in the low 60's. At the other end of their pen was a heat lamp and a solid floor full of sand, lol.

20200403_194135.jpg

By the following morning they figured out it was more comfortable at the other end...

20200402_110922.jpg

Last edited:
11 days is a bit young, but as others have said, they will probably be okay as long as they have heat. How many of them are there? If there are a lot, they have a better chance because they can snuggle together for warmth.

11 days is a bit young, but as others have said, they will probably be okay as long as they have heat. How many of them are there? If there are a lot, they have a better chance because they can snuggle together for warmth.
There is 5 quails

Thanks so much for your reply! I am going to move them in the garage.
I just moved mine out side to the bigger pen at 4 weeks old. I have 10 and I couldn't stand the smell anymore. I had been using pine shavings over a pee pad . Once I moved them outside I put hay from PetSmart and Walmart. What a difference!!!! It's been five days and 70/80° weather and No Smell!!!

Back
Top Bottom