Mower

ChickiKat

Songster
8 Years
Jul 10, 2011
Eastern Kansas
I am so done with my mower not starting. It has been a struggle all summer. It either has a dead battery or it cranks but won't catch. I have learned the art of jump starting a motor. I could have gone my whole life without knowing how to do that. So now I have people coming tomorrow to tear up the front yard because the water line has broken. There are leaves everywhere and the grass is scraggley because I could get the mower started last week..... I swear, I am going to march down to the Mower Doctor and buy the biggest, baddest, widest zero turn mower made. And I'm gonna buy it on credit. And that'll make my hub sorry that he didn't get the old mower running.... Right??

The mower you describe is about $4,500. Are you prepared for that? Although, this time of year you should find a good deal. The hubby bought a Cub Cadet from tractor supply a few years back. 0 turning radius and all that. It was originally $2,800 and he got it for $1,900. I get his moneys worth out of that thing. It is the hardest working piece of equipment we have. I use it as a bushhog, bulldozer, leafblower, trailbreaker, and occasionally remember to mow the lawn with it. It does have a problem with chronic flat tires, but the hubby claims that is due to the person operating the machine. (Is he talking about me?)

I know what you mean though. I broke a rib one time when trying to start one of those pull-start mowers. Rope broke and I punched myself in the belly. Dang it! I expect a mower to start at the first pull-not 15 minutes later when one is too exhausted to push the dang thing. Let me tell you, though, the best work out you can get is cutting grass with a push lawn mower. You won't get that kind of exercise in a gym.

Have you tried some of that starter spray that you put on the air filter
hide.gif
Hubby has one like that but the spray really helps. No mower to buy = more money to spend on wifey
smile.png

Yep, check out your local golf course. They got mowers that blow dry the turf! For $10,000 I'd buy me a used tractor.

I found a guy that would come out every week/week and a half and mow and trim the whole place for $50 - way cheaper than a $10k mower.

Quote:
Have you gone through all of the maintainance checks? Ethanol gas is a killer of small engines. First, by creating water in the gas.That gets into the carb bowl and nothing starts on water. Air filter. Blow it clean with compressed air, after every couple uses. Especially if there is alot of dust in the air. Good sparkplug. Most are made in China and just don't seem to last as long as they used to. Oil level. Most modern small engines have a low oil level shutoff. How about the seat saftey switch? If it's bad, or has not been bypassed, it will not start, unless you are sitting in the seat.

Quote:
Yes they do infact we just bought one. It's not the "the biggest, baddest, widest zero turn mower made" but its 37 hp with a 61" inch deck. $10,000 is with out the vac system on the back and jro tines on the front.

Back
Top Bottom