1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MPC Hatching Egg GIVEAWAY!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MyPetChicken, Nov 14, 2015.

1. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    My wishlist includes more Cream Brabanters - they are the punk rockers of my coop, more Crested Cream Legbars - to join my Queen Elsa, and more Ameraucanas - to join my Wheaten roo and Lavender split. The best attitude in my coop is out of one of my Buff-Laced Brahmas, so I wouldn't mind adding more mellow birds.
    My flock is quite diverse, so adding more breeds would be interesting and fun.
    Edited to add:
    And Favaucanas.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  2. Sherol

Sherol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2015
    San Antonio Tx
    I'd love Isbars... Or any colored egg layer.

3. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Runs With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I too would love hatching eggs, your birds are so pretty, I get my chicks from you guys always, you're my favorite and only hatchery, love love My Pet Chicken. I like your Carolina blues and your Cuckoo Bluebars, and olive Eggers, and of course you purely posh and your designer mix. Guess I like a lot of them. Though if I order and win eggs I might be overrun.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  4. RoxysAnimals

RoxysAnimals Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2015
    California, USA
    Love your guys eggs so much! If I had to choose though, I would have to say I want to try some new breeds, and I would like to have some white eggs (My dad will ONLY eat white eggs, no way of convincing him they are exactly the same as brown, blue, pink, green, etc.) But I love other colors too.

So, my choices would have to be these:
    Golden Campine
    Mille Fleur D'Uccle Bantams (Always wanted some of these)
    Any Silkies, Though Blue Silkies are my favorites
    Golden Cuckoo Marans
    Golden or Silver Laced Polish

5. chickhatcher96

chickhatcher96 New Egg

Apr 28, 2015
    I would love some Bantams! I like Mille fleur D'uccle bantams! I also like barred rocks! Or cream legbars!!

6. bauerdog

bauerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2012
    central jersey
    Cute! Wonder if they used a blue splash marans.....he looks like he might have a hint of blue to him

7. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I would be happy with about anything. Thanks for chance[​IMG]

8. tlsiegler

tlsiegler New Egg

Nov 10, 2014
    southern oklahoma
    I've never seen colored eggs other than brown or white from chickens..this is awesome..thank you for the chance to try something new. Blessed Be

9. SNJchickens

SNJchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

This forum has been extremely helpful in introducing readers (especially ME) to breeds not normally mentioned elsewhere.

I am ready to send my older hens to freezer camp and replace all but two hens. Why am I keeping two? The girls are consistent brooders. For me this is the perfect way to add to the flock and to replace non-productive hens, allowing the broody hens to raise the chicks properly. I don't speak chicken and I definitely do not scratch around in the gardens for tasty bugs, grubs and worms. I find that my girls get a better start in life with lessons and protection from "momma hen" as they adapt to life in the flock and to free ranging.

I began my "chicken life" with pullets from a local farm. Now I can't imagine life without chickens. In my neighborhood I am not allowed a rooster which eliminates any chance of having home-grown fertile eggs.

It is time to start a new and interesting flock so the plan is to hatch some unusual and/or threatened breeds. The prospect is exciting. I'm anxious for the hens to show signs of being broody. I will then assemble the broody coop and fence off a nice nursery area.

I will check back often to this forum to help choose my breeds.

10. shahtir101

shahtir101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2015
    Thanks @MyPetChicken this is really awesome what you are doing. I would like any type of bantam eggs or extreme egg layers. To be more specific though I really like seramas, bantam Cochins, EE.
    Thanks
    Shahtir101

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by