MPC shipped eggs? anyone with experience?

I'd give it a little more time. It's amazing the difference just one day makes. Hopefully you'll see more veins in the others soon. By day 7 you should definately be seeing veins.

well it seems like just a few hours makes all the difference. I now have 8 eggs with lots of vessels now.
I don't mean to be crazy about the candling but I was a little nervous about fertility.

Yay. I get nervous everytime, too. I personally think it's rare to have a bad egg problem. Most of the time people get good eggs.

I'm wishing you luck. I only had a few Buffs hatch the other day from my batch of 24 eggs.
sad.png
They're really cute, though, cause they're huge. They look like pancakes, because they're having a hard time standing up, and they just flatten out. One has deformed feet, too. They're definately unique.

awe! give us a peek;) oh and the bandaid trick works great for helping them get up on their feet. I had a cute splayed leg last hatch and 3 days later she was running around with the rest!

Last edited:
well got my eggs and at day 18 only three have any development at all, 4 Wheaten Ameraucana nothing 3 Bantam Porcelain D'Uccle nothing only the three Bantam Mille Fleur D'Uccle developed. emailed MPC and no reply. eggs also came a few weeks late because the chicken weren't laying

Sorry you had this issue, too. I ended up getting rid of all my buffs, because they were feathering in really funny. I'd never seen anything like it. Well, I hatched some more pretty Orps from Terry Disney off of ebay. I got 3 black and 1 blue out of the 6 eggs I orderred. Absolutely beautiful. I also hatched some Murray McMurray rarest of the rare, and got some really unique beautiful chicks. The shipping was so rough on them, but I was excited that I ended up with 2 fayoumis (and more unique ones). I prayed for a whole month that I'd at least get my fayoumis. They're crazy little chickens. I'm just so happy that I'll never have to hatch shipped eggs again. In about two months I should have my own eggs to incubate.

Back
Top Bottom