MPEG, MP3, MP4 files

Jun 29, 2020
I was wondering if there was a way to allow video files to be uploaded? It's a bit of a hassle to upload every video to youtube or another video service and THEN post it here. I absolutely understand if it's too difficult to add it to this website, I just thought it might be helpful!

We REALLY want to enable video upload support, but every time we run the numbers, it comes out to be something that will probably be exorbitantly expensive (both in storage costs and bandwidth costs)... especially since we don't sell our user's info, cram a gazillion ads down their throats, etc. like some other social media sites do ;)

We're constantly looking at ways to provide video uploads, and hope to eventually have a working solution that won't kill us.

We REALLY want to enable video upload support, but every time we run the numbers, it comes out to be something that will probably be exorbitantly expensive (both in storage costs and bandwidth costs)... especially since we don't sell our user's info, cram a gazillion ads down their throats, etc. like some other social media sites do ;)

We're constantly looking at ways to provide video uploads, and hope to eventually have a working solution that won't kill us.
Okay, thank you! I wasn't sure if it had been tried before, this response really helps! Thanks for explaining it!

It's a bit of a hassle to upload every video to youtube or another video service and THEN post it here.
I think it's a good thing, keeps gratuitous vids from being posted all over the place, clogging up bandwidth...and not everyone has super fast loading speeds.
Kinda wish GIF's were the same. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom