Mr or Ms Easter Egger? - New Pictures, but same question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by figlette, Apr 19, 2008.

1. figlette

figlette Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2008
    After the whole Matilda really being a Matt incident, I have found myself suspiciously eying our new chicks and interrogating them about whether they prefer ESPN over HGTV. It is a problem. I am confident that Omlet is a girl, but Lulu I could use some help with. She has a bigger comb than Omlet, but Omlet has a nonexistent comb, so anything could be bigger. It is also pinker than I would like. Before you look at the pics, I should warn you that Lulu is not the most attractive bird in the world. In the picture of the two EEs, she is the one in the back.

Apologize for the paranoia and thank you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  2. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

hmmmmmmmmmmmm. its looking a liiiitttllleee earlly to tell but in gonna say its a ms. [​IMG] and the otherone looks like a miss too. ithink... no redness.. feathered out.... smmmmaaalll comb.... says girly to me.

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I agree it's a little early, but I say one girl and one boy.

Looks like you are going to have to referee the fights for the clicker.....

4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Look like girls, though the more goldish colored one is questionable.

5. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    How old are your chicks? They look just like mine, almost exactly!! Your Lulu looks so much like my Abbie!! And Abbie is my fave!!

Cute chicks and I hope they are both girls!!

6. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    figlete-

sorry to butt in but do you have any pics of Matt????? He's your Welsummer, right? Our 2 Welsummer "girls" are now 5 weeks old. They have such a roo-ish build and one has a litttle bit of a comb..... BUT their neck and chest feathers are coming in and they sure look like girl feathers (no black in the breast, and the brown-and-black "laced" type blunt neck feathers, not the colored, pointy cape the roos have). But I have never had a roo (and cannot here in the city) so I don't know if young cockerels have a later molt when they get theose feathers or whether I can beathe easier because these feathers look like a pullet's. When did Matt get a black breast? When his hackle feathers came in from the baby fluff, were they pointed? What color? Any pics of around this age or older would be GREAT!!

Thanks
    Stacey

7. figlette

Apr 10, 2008
    Thank you everyone. I will try not to test them further until they are a little older. And then watch out, because here comes the standardized are you a boy or girl chick sexing exam.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  8. figlette

Apr 10, 2008
    Still not sure about Lulu. Her personality is all girl. She is the quietest and most insecure chick of the group. But that comb! Darn this is really pinking up. I added a couple pics of Omlet as well, but I am fairly confident in her girlness. Thanks for the opinions all. [​IMG]

Lulu
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Omlet. She is squirmy, so I couldn't get a good pic of her comb. She has a wide comb, but it has a single stripe of little peas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  9. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Both girls in my opinion.

10. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan