[Pictures] Unsure of What's Happening?!

I understand completely how wrung out you feel. I've had a couple of FTT chicks. One was sick from the moment I fished her out of the shipping box. She had so many issues, her short life was nothing but pain and suffering. She would peep fast and loudly when trying to poop, and it tore up my emotions. I did everything I could to save her and at one week, I had to end her suffering, it was just too much for the both of us. But I'll always remember little "Sunny" and how hard she tried to survive. Their lives may be incredibley short, but they still leave us deeply affected.

But I'll always remember little "Sunny" and how hard she tried to survive. Their lives may be incredibley short, but they still leave us deeply affected.

I just re-read Peanut's story from 1.5 years ago, our little Silkie that ingested lead, but had attached herself to my now-husband and him to her. I'm still balling 😭
These little creatures have an amazing ability to affect us in so many different ways.

Edit/Update: She peeps like she's been smoking for 20 years. And her crop is all big again but she's been eating so that's probably why. But, because of that she does that weird neck dance again. So, maybe our celebration is premature and will be short-lived. Idk. I'm just so tired. We're hopeful still but what a roller coaster. 😓
Poor Ducky. Keep doing what you're doing and giving her the best care you can. If she still doesn't make it, you can feel better knowing you gave your best effort.

I had a chick have issues similar to Ducky's and I just never quite could figure it out. We ended up putting him down, which was extremely sad but he was not improving no matter what we did and we felt we didn't want to prolong his suffering. Another chick I recently had was also FTT, and I let him pass on his own because he was sleeping and did not seem too conscious. It's a sad situation all around. I hope she makes a turn for the better, but if not, know that not every chick can be saved, even if we try really hard. It seems like you've made every effort though and that's the most important thing in a difficult situation like this!

I've had several FTT chicks and most survived to adulthood with little intervention. Most had strangenesses, like being aloof from the flock and not really aware of danger. The friendliest chicken I ever had was a FTT chicken who only wanted to be picked up and given scratches. As an adult Ameraucana, she was half sized compared to her hatch mates and weighed about two pounds.

None of my FTT chickens ever laid an egg.

Edit/Update: She peeps like she's been smoking for 20 years. And her crop is all big again but she's been eating so that's probably why. But, because of that she does that weird neck dance again. So, maybe our celebration is premature and will be short-lived. Idk. I'm just so tired. We're hopeful still but what a roller coaster. 😓
That neck dance maybe her way of adjusting her crop after eating.
The stress is adding to the lack of sleep ... You need to take care of YOURSELF :hugs

Update: Ducky is doing so much better. She seems to be getting bigger and her crop is down where everyone else's is. <3 Thank you all for your advice and caring. I appreciate you.
Yay!!! Glad to hear! If you get the chance, please post a picture because I'd love to see how she's doing now. :)

Sorry for the delay in posting an updated picture. We had some somber family events happen around Mother's Day, between that and life... well, you know. Anyway, here's Ducky now. :) The ones of her alone are from June 14th and the one of my girl and her favorite chicken is from May 29th.

Attachments

• Ducky061423.jpg
    Ducky061423.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Ducky061423.2.jpg
    Ducky061423.2.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Ducky052923NoFace.jpg
    Ducky052923NoFace.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom