1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mr. Phez came back.....

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by chickenzoo, Apr 12, 2012.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Over the weekend the flight netting to my Red Golden pen got ripped in two places... Two big holes. I didn't know until I saw my one Cinnimon golden male that was in there too, walking about the pasture. I quickly fixed the holes and gathered up Mr. Cinnimon. Did a head count, was missing two other RG males and a Cinnimon hen, plus a RG hen..... It was saddening. I wandered the woods looking to see if any were hiding out, but on 16 acres I knew it was a long shot. I hoped they'd fing their way back. Fast forward to this morning. I go out to check on everyone and just happen to spot a bright red color on a chicken in a group walking towards me..... Nope not a chicken... But Mr. Phez. He was walking with the chickens but when he saw me he started towards me. I went into the shed, grabed a scoop of feed and called him and the chickens over. He was very hungry, and as he ate I scooped him up in my arms, looked him over and told him how happy I was he came home. He was very bedraggled and dehydrated. I put him in a pen by himself with lots of food and cold water.... He seemed happy to be home. I hope the others will return, or at least find some water...... The others have been calling to them, so I have a little bit of hope after finding Phez.

2. Fluffballs

Fluffballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    With my chickies!
    Yay! So glad he came back! Hope the others do to! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by