Mr. Squeeks my Red Golden Pheasant male is going down hill... Help....

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
Mr. Squeeks started to act aloof Sat. I thought it might be because the up and downs in our weather, but he still acted off on Sunday and was just perching just off the ground with his eyes shut. I called him but he didn't open his eyes until I picked him up. I brought him in the garage under a heat lamp, with food and water. I dribbled poly vi sol liquid vitamins in his beak and in his water yesterday and gave him a little Safeguard wormer today, just encase he had worms, but he acts like it's more neurological.... he's off balance, his head keeps jerking slightly to one side and he falls asleep and is non responsive until I touch him, then he's awake but unbalanced..... I thought perhaps he hit his head? I don't know what happened or what else I should do for him. No other symptoms like you would see if ill like respiratory illness etc... No changes diet or anything... no moldy feed I can find.... He is a reasonable weight, about 2-3 years old, looked a little dehydrated but I've been making him drink. Any suggestions?

hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom