Mt Healthy Chick hatchery

I live in Ohio and ordered this past Sept. from them and was more than pleased with my Hubbard Golden Comets. I ordered 15 received 16 and none show signs of being roos. I would order from them again.

I've ordered 25 straight run Ameraucanas from them this last summer. 26 arrived happy and healthy. 16 roos, though. My fault on that. My EEs look like welsummers and almost anything else on the market. LOL But they people at the hatchery were great when they had a short hatch on the date I asked for. They called beforehand and told me the new date instead of leaving me hanging around the postoffice front door.

I ordered my Golden Comets from their last February. I am very happy with them. They do have very good pricing also. My 2 older brothers have ordered from them also, they are pleased with them too.

I ordered 15 of their "Araucana" pullets in March, received 16. Turned out to be EE or Ameraucana (started growing tails at 4 weeks) but we fell in love with them,
love.gif
so I didn't complain to Mt. Healthy. All but 1 were healthy until November when it died suddenly. They lay mint green and pale blue-green eggs.

I ordered 25 speckled sussex from them last year. They got the pullet cockeral mix right on my order. I am new to this breed, so I am not certain whether the birds I have are show quality, but one of my roos is gorgeous. All were healthy--one chick died suddenly for unknow reasons--all others healthy and very good temperments. I have several solid hens and all seem to be good layers. I would like to breed an am looking for other good stock if anyone know where to get good speckled sussex--I know that McMurray carries them and Meyer but I have not tried those.

I got my first flock through our feed store that orders from Mt. Healthy. I ordered 10 pullets of different breeds. Two Wyandottes turned out roosters and I lost a BR due to deformed toes. The rooster I kept had "loose" hock joints, but they seem to have stabilized.
My remaining hens are 9 months and all have great disposition and are strong layers. As with most hatcheries, my birds are not show quality, but I didn't expect that anyways.
Because of the feet and leg issues I had with 20% of my birds, I will not consider them again.

Mt Health is only about an hour and a half from where I live. One of my friends order 6 Australorp pullets from Mt. Healthy, and 4 of them were cockerels. Mt. Healthy was not at all helpful and my friend is vehemently against Mt Healthy as a result.

They seem to have a problem with sexing chicks.

Laura

Back
Top Bottom