Mucovies, peas, and Border Collies.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by AKCub, Aug 28, 2011.

1. AKCub

AKCub Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2011
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Who knows about animal personalities anyhow? My Border Collie, who has been my right hand dog for 4 years, has never shown any interest in ducks or vegetables in any form.

I've had the 'scovies for 3 weeks and they would cut your achilles for one more pea if they thought you were holding out on them.

The dog/duck combination so far has ranged from tenuous to placid on both sides. The one thing they can agree on now is- Peas rock!

Low quality pics sorry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ducksinarow

ducksinarow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Your collie is very pretty. I had to have mine put to sleep this past month. She was turning 18 years old and she became completely immobile. I am surprised your collie is so good with your birds. Mine as a younger dog had a high prey drive and would pluck birds out of bushes. When she was old the ducks I got were too fast for her. They are very smart dogs and yours should be able to learn to heard your ducks rather easily. I cannot believe she loves peas as much as the ducks do how funny.

3. fisharescary

fisharescary Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    lol that's funny. And they all look very pretty too!

4. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    duck crack. addicting to dogs to. my border collie likes anything the ducks have. Peas are top of the list

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Awe!! [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

6. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    If only kids would eat peas because ducks do. I'm sure millions of mothers would be standing in line to get a couple. Unless their kids are abnormal like mine and actually like peas. My 5 year old takes frozen peas out for the ducklings and always sneaks a couple handfuls for herself. Still frozen! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by