Mucus in beak and poo

CoolKid7727

Hatching
Jan 4, 2024
Good afternoon everyone. First of all I’d like to say that I am really great full that a website like this exists. Thank you to everyone and I am hoping I can get some help here too. I had a rooster that died of this disease a month or so back. He had mucus in his mouth and in his poop and he was always super hungry and would try to eat a lot. No matter how much he ate he ended up sneezing everything out because of all the mucus. The same symptoms are showing up on another one of my chickens but hasn’t gotten as bad as the one that died yet. These guys are like my family it hurts to lose them 😢 I can’t seem to find any cures for this and all I’ve tried is corrid and vetrx to no avail. Any help is much appreciated.

If there's mucus in the poop, it's very likely there's a parasite problem.
Can you get tylan were you are ?
I believe I may be able to get it at my local general store. I’m hoping I won’t need a prescription for it 🙏 thank you so much for the reply. I will try that next.

Good afternoon everyone. First of all I’d like to say that I am really great full that a website like this exists. Thank you to everyone and I am hoping I can get some help here too. I had a rooster that died of this disease a month or so back. He had mucus in his mouth and in his poop and he was always super hungry and would try to eat a lot. No matter how much he ate he ended up sneezing everything out because of all the mucus. The same symptoms are showing up on another one of my chickens but hasn’t gotten as bad as the one that died yet. These guys are like my family it hurts to lose them 😢 I can’t seem to find any cures for this and all I’ve tried is corrid and vetrx to no avail. Any help is much appreciated.

I believe I may be able to get it at my local general store. I’m hoping I won’t need a prescription for it 🙏 thank you so much for the reply. I will try that next.
Welcome To BYC

Can you get some photos of the inside of the beak, of the bird and the poop?
Do you notice a bad odor from the mucous?
Any swelling of the eyes/facial tissue, coughing, rales, etc.?
Have you added any new chickens recently?

Where are you located in the world?

How old are these birds?

Hopefully with photos and more information we can make some suggestions.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom