Pale, Mucusy Blobs in Poop

Serotonin

Chirping
Jul 18, 2022
Hey everyone, recently I've noticed some whitish yellowish, mucus-like blobs in some of my chickens' poop. It always comes out looking like a blob, but when I cut it open, it turns somewhat stringy. It looks a bit like shed intestinal lining, but completely pale instead of pink or red.

I've never actually caught a chicken passing a dropping like this, so I'm not sure if it's just one chicken or multiple. I've attached pictures of an example to this post.

I've tried searching for what it might be, but I'm having trouble finding anything. Do you think it might be intestinal lining, and the chicken in question is anemic or diseased? Or maybe a worm of some kind? I know our goats shed mucus-looking pieces when they have tapeworms. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• PXL_20240317_194036625.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240317_194036625.MP.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20240317_194151941.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240317_194151941.MP.jpg
    885.5 KB · Views: 4
It doesn't look like intestinal lining to me, but I am no expert. Maybe your chicken has some kind of infection, something like lash egg material? How is she behaving?

It doesn't look like intestinal lining to me, but I am no expert. Maybe your chicken has some kind of infection, something like lash egg material? How is she behaving?

I'm not sure which chicken is having these poops, but I suspect it might be one who has had a lot of laying problems. She's only about 2 years old, but she stopped laying a little less than a year ago after laying a lot of fairy eggs and shell-less eggs. She acts totally normal and her comb is very red, but I am worried she might be an internal layer.

Back
Top Bottom