What is this?

Emk6816

Hatching
Oct 30, 2023
I noticed very small wiggly white worms around a centimeter long I'm my chickens poop as well as tape worms around an inch long. I dewormed using panacur paste. Since deworming I've seen tons of dying, dead, and still wiggling little white worms in their poop. Quite a few dead tapeworms and then these long jelly like pinkish big wormlike things in some of their poops. I can't figure out what they are they seem more wormlike in structure to be intestinal shedding. I stretched one out and it was over 2 feet long.

20231026_094320.jpg
20231026_094629.jpg

I noticed very small wiggly white worms around a centimeter long I'm my chickens poop as well as tape worms around an inch long. I dewormed using panacur paste. Since deworming I've seen tons of dying, dead, and still wiggling little white worms in their poop. Quite a few dead tapeworms and then these long jelly like pinkish big wormlike things in some of their poops. I can't figure out what they are they seem more wormlike in structure to be intestinal shedding. I stretched one out and it was over 2 feet long.

The long pink material is intestinal shedding.

Tiny white worms are probably Cecal worms which Panacur *should* have taken care of if dosing was correct (0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days).

Tapeworms need to be treated with Praziquantel. Dosing is in this link.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/treating-tapeworms-under-construction.1220309/

I'd make sure they are eating their normal feed, add some probiotics or give them a little white cooked rice with buttermilk to help heal the gut.

Back
Top Bottom