Muddy Chicken Runs.

Why would they do that?
Hopefully there's not a bunch of random junk in the wood chips when I request some. I just need to show my dad the site first.
Because they don't care? <shrugs>
When I've seen and heard about it, it's not much...makes ya shake your head, but not the end of the world.
You might be better off calling local tree trimmers and asking if they can dump a load of chips.
Chipdrop is a crap shoot, have read of some getting them quickly and some never get anything.

Because they don't care? <shrugs>
When I've seen and heard about it, it's not much...makes ya shake your head, but not the end of the world.
You might be better off calling local tree trimmers and asking if they can dump a load of chips.
Chipdrop is a crap shoot, have read of some getting them quickly and some never get anything.
I read that too. I'll have to do more looking around then.

Here's some closest tree services I found.
Screenshot_20201109-093454_Chrome.jpg

Hello, I have 2 chicken coops with terribly muddy runs. The ground is flat, soil type is dirt, & sand.

My largest coop, with a mixed flock has no run gate, so I can't access the yard without having to crawl through the chicken door.

The first coop with my project birds, & meat birds in it have a really muddy run too, & I have to clean the henhouse out because there's 4 inches of mud on the floor. It's getting cleaned out Monday.

I need run fixing ideas to cure the mud problem, & all the ideas given will be appreciated alot.

What are you're ideas?

Mixed Flock Coop
View attachment 2394457View attachment 2394458Standard coop with Project birds, & meat birds.View attachment 2394460View attachment 2394461
I would recommend maybe putting some leaves down and some bedding to keep things dry. I hope you find a solution soon!

They can be hard to find.
I waited a year and finally got a load, then 6 months later had a bunch of trees downed here and could have had another load. SMH.
At least you have a place to store a load, some can't do that.
A year? That's quite a long time.
If we have to move the location of the pile of wood chips we have a kubota Tractor we can move them with.

Back
Top Bottom