Muddy Polish!

Maybe once the mud dried, it was her foot cleaning/combing the feathers!

I had a frizzle polish hen who would dip her head in mud, not meaning too, just her crest curled forward over her face and touched the ground wherever she pecked. She had to have regular spa treatments in winter, or the wet muddy crusts would freeze into mudsicles hanging off her head like stone dreds. She was a kooky little thing.
Yeah probably!😁 She would put mud in her hair (from her feet) and then comb it out after it dried! That actually makes a lot of sense!☺️

She sounds like she was very special!❤️

She was mean! When her crest was normal she was low status, but when I trimmed it so she could actually see, she was queen of the flock and Atilla the Hen!

She killed a chick so I rehomed her to a lovely lady who is obsessed with frizzle polish and has only adult hens. She is very happy there living with and bossing about other hens.
Wow really!? When I tried to put ponytails in one of my polishes’ hair (Lemon) my most dominant girl wouldn’t leave her alone! She was such a bully. And Lemon was acting all sad so I had to take them out. I’ve put them in successfully for one hen (cause she was really the only one who kind of needed it). She likes them.😊

Back
Top Bottom