Multi/Bilingual Language Thread

What Language(s) Do You Speak? :0

• Total voters
Pics
:frowyall. I'm fluent in Greek (mother language), English (been learning it since I was tiny). Sort of conversational in French, although my speaking and writing skills aren't the greatest (because I'm terrible with tenses)
Oh wow, that's cool!
Have you met anyone else that speaks Greek on BYC?

YES! I have that same one but with German! Gendered inanimate objects are so hard. 😂

This is really interesting to me, because I grew up with EVERYTHING having a gender. A chair, the oven, etc. Just something I find really cool about language learning. You can gain real perspective by learning another language

Oh yeah! I can count to three in French! (I learned it while at camp and watching a YouTuber :p) I can't spell it though. 😅

Aha, similar.

Ah, I see.
There were three cats named Un, Deux, and Trois. They went fishing, and Un tells Trois to drop the anchor, so Trois drops it right in the middle of the boat. As a result, Un, Deux, Trois cat sank.

This is really interesting to me, because I grew up with EVERYTHING having a gender. A chair, the oven, etc. Just something I find really cool about language learning. You can gain real perspective by learning another language
I find that I actually think differently and my body language changes depending on the language I'm thinking it. For example, when I think in French, I use my hands a lot more. When I think in Japanese, hierarchy becomes a lot more important in how I think.

Je parle anglais😢
I tried learning Spanish but I struggled with it, so I switched to french and had a much easier time, but then I forgot my password and now I lost all my progress. I'm not allowed to use Duolingo anymore so that sucks, but I still want to learn French, Spanish, Russian, and maybe Japanese.
When I lived in Bulgaria I spoke pretty good Bulgarian but I lost the language when I moved back to the states😂. In Bulgaria they speak Russian because it's taught in schools so I think I'll just learn the Russian language rather than Bulgarian because I can use it in both countries. French is an official language in many countries, and Spanish is almost a requirement here in Texas, so those are my top two.

Back
Top Bottom