Multi/Bilingual Language Thread

What Language(s) Do You Speak? :0

• Total voters
Pics
Screenshot_20230927_013220_Gallery.jpg

I told this joke to my young friend who is learning French. He thought it was fabulous!
Here's another one for your friend, then.

A snail walks into a Chevy dealership and plops down a huge wad of cash and says, "I want to buy a brand new Camaro."
The car salesman looks at the wad of cash and realizes that it is more than enough to buy the car that the snail wants, so he says, "Of course! What colour and features do you want on it?"
The snail replies, "I want all the bells and whistles. I also want it in bright red."
The dealer says, "Of course, we can do that for you."
"Oh," says the snail. "Can you paint a big white "S" on the sides of it too?"
The dealer, puzzled, says, "Well, we can, but why do you want a big "S" on the sides?"
The snail raises its eye stalks and looks at the dealer. "So people will point, look, and say, 'Look at that S car go!"

Hola, mi amigo! Tu hablas espanol? Yo tengo dos gatos! Mi gatos numbros es Angel y Pootytat. Mi casa es en canada!
I understood all of that even though I've never studied Spanish. Between English, Latin, and French I can usually get the gist of Latin based languages if they're written.

I understood all of that even though I've never studied Spanish. Between English, Latin, and French I can usually get the gist of Latin based languages if they're written.
That’s great you know Latin! It’s a lost language these days…It’s been a while since I studied it though. I can read it fine but don’t remember enough to speak it.

Back
Top Bottom