Multi/Bilingual Language Thread

What Language(s) Do You Speak? :0

• Total voters
Pics
I learned French a couple years ago stopped practicing and made duo mad 🤣 I forgot pretty much everything so I have finally downloaded duolingo again and I am learning French again.
I decided I wanted to learn Italian as well since I am part Italian so I’m learning that as well

1698201258908.png

Today I was thinking in English :eek:
Obviously I’m spending too much time on BYC, Netflix and elsewhere, were they speak English.

Last week I was visiting my brother and family in a village were I grew up. They speak a dialect which is quite different from the general Dutch language. iI couldn’t speak it anymore, living too long in the middle of the country. Here the people speak general Dutch.

Triolingo: Chickens = kippen in Dutch and kiepen in the dialect of my home village. 🙃

Today I was thinking in English :eek:
Obviously I’m spending too much time on BYC, Netflix and elsewhere, were they speak English.

Last week I was visiting my brother and family in a village were I grew up. They speak a dialect which is quite different from the general Dutch language. iI couldn’t speak it anymore, living too long in the middle of the country. Here the people speak general Dutch.

Triolingo: Chickens = kippen in Dutch and kiepen in the dialect of my home village. 🙃
It seems to me that this is kind of how languages work for me. I don't have any trouble with my native language, but when I'm using another language, sometimes I use a word from the wrong language.

Here is kind of an illustration of how they seem to be separated in my brain, with the big circle being all languages.
1698503810695.png

Back
Top Bottom