Multi/Bilingual Language Thread

What Language(s) Do You Speak? :0

• Total voters
Pics
Maybe I need to stick to one or two languages…
IMG_9459.jpeg

(For the English, I’m learning it as if I speak fluent French)

How did you get it to let you learn English? I tried and it wouldn’t let me
Here’s how you can get to switching what type it is on the app

Click the little flag icon in the upper left corner (I’m learning German)
IMG_9462.jpeg

Click the “+ course” symbol
IMG_9463.jpeg

Then it’ll give you a list of languages to choose from. Scroll down to “More” and click that
IMG_9464.jpeg

For me, I went down to “for French speakers” and clicked espagnol
IMG_9465.jpeg

Then it’ll ask if you’re sure you want to do this and that it’ll switch the app language. Click continue and then it’ll bring you to the start.

If you click on the languages you’re learning, they’ll have a second flag. In this example, it’s showing that I have English and Spanish that I’m learning in French, the rest are in English.
IMG_9468.png

You can switch between what language you want the interface to be.
IMG_9469.png
IMG_9470.png

Not sure if that makes any sense, sorry!

Japanese is starting to get challenging at Unit 22. They're introducing more kanji, but I think I need to go to another site to learn the stroke order to practice writing it and to see what the radicals are rather than just getting kind of familiar with specific ones.

Stroke order is important because it helps you write it correctly and count the number of strokes correctly. You need to know this in order to use a kanji dictionary.

Radicals are the components that make up a complicated kanji symbol. This will help you understand a kanji that you've never seen before if you understand what it's made of. Kind of like understanding a word by knowing if it's Latin or Greed derived or understanding a long compound word by understanding the parts of it.

Back
Top Bottom