Murray "free chick"

haha just saw this post ...i sent u a pm from the other thread u were on.....how about australorp....but he has long legs

Yes, I did receive the pm and am searching. The fayoumis is listed as a small bird, this chick is pretty big and tall and quite aggressive. That's what made me think it may be a male. This is my first time raising chicks. I guess we will keep watching it develop into whatever it turns out to be. I will post new photos as it grows.

Good News!

I do believe all chicks have been identified at this point. 2 free chicks have been verified by McMurray to be Dark Brahmas and as they were leaning more to the tallest chick being a Giant, I did further investigation on another forum finding almost identical pictures of my chick at 7 weeks. Thanks so much for all the help. I now need to find out if the Brahmas are male or female.

Thassa,

I have 2 of these free chicks. This is what they look like at just about 12 weeks now. McMurray still is not sure they are absolutely Dark Brahmas as of these photos. The latest they have offered is possibly Salmon Favorelles. I guess I will have to wait until they are full chickens to see what they really are.

Hello Thassa,

Please forgive the lengthy delay in my reply. My chick has filled in very nicely and looks exactly like yours does in the photo. I have been video taping my chicks as they have begun to crow now for the past 2 weeks at 13 weeks now. I have confirmed it is a boy, he crowed for the first time yesterday!
lau.gif

We were short 1 buff rock hen and instead received what was "thrown in" as a free male speckled sussex, he also crowed today. I ordered 2 roosters and 23 hens and ended up with 4 roosters and 23 hens with the 2 free chicks!

We are thrilled to find that we lucked up and received a pair of dark brahmas as our free chicks. They are very unusual compared to the rest of the flock.

Thanks for sharing, and yes the favs look quite different than these 2. They look like photos identified as dark brahmas.

Back
Top Bottom