Murray McMurray hatchery???????

Here's my three-legged Gold Laced Wyandotte from McMurray's:

And here's my "Columbian Wyandotte pullet", same McMurray's order:

Yes, they credited the price of these chicks, and the dead ones, but the mailing cost was the real expense, and not refundable. Cannot recommend this hatchery for heritage breeds.

Just got my order of 15 and one free rare breed this morning. All arrived alive except one. This is the first time I have ordered from them. the chicks are so small, I have never ordered from a hatchery before. Hope they make it through the next 24 hours, I hate losing babies too!

It is so exciting to see the baby chicks. Hope all the rest do well for you.

I just got more pictures of my chicks today and I'm concerned. My Salmon Faverolles rooster looks as if he is half the size of the other chicks and not nearly as feathered. I had that happen with a chick last summer and it eventually died as it just stopped growing. I'll finally get to see them in a month when we return to MT.

Great hatchery got goslings from them and they are amazing none have any sickness, the only thing bad was they shipped one day late without contacting me but they still came healthy. :)

I got 16 chicks fr0m MMM on Monday they shipped out on Saturday. I live in Co and even though right now its warm during the day its cold at night. One chick was DOA and since Monday I have lost 5 more . It very upsetting, but again its not the hatcheries fault I believe these babies got as chill. I hope the last 10 make it!

My dad has ordered from them and has had decent results but just for common backyard kinda breeds that dont really matter in terms of show quality.

Ordered 14 hens and 1 rooster, along with the freebie, to be delivered the end of may (hated to wait that long but had to if I wanted Ameraucana's). Looking forward to getting them in, hopefully safe, sound, and watching them grow. Should be interesting to see what the mystery chick is, last time I got a handsome Blue Andalusian Rooster out of it. My last order from them as the Rainbow layer package and all 16 survived. Decided to be a little pickier this time and picked some breeds that I liked and my daughter thought were cute.
Ordered:
3 Ameraucana's
2 Dark Brahama's
2 Barred Rocks
2 Black Giants
2 SS hamburgs
1 Buff Orp
2 Blue Andalusians
1 Dark Brahama Male
1 Mystery chick.
Also since I am starting over in a new place that had chickens in the past, I had them vaccinated for Marek's and Cocc's just in case.

MM was good in 2011 when I got my goslings but my last order of 25 all came DOA that was recently as they shipped them on a saturday so I will never order again from there I got chicks from meyer hatchery all came alive and heathy got another order due wednesday.

Just shipping on a saturday would not cause them all to be dead so Im sure something else happened. Most shipments take 2 days, I would say 80% of the birds we ship take two days which would mean saturday shipping arriving on monday. Im not defending a saturday ship day that is very stupid but Im just saying I bet something else happened with the USPS or something because 2 days (if they arrived on Monday) should not result in 25 dead. I am sorry for your loss though nothing sucks more than patiently and excitedly waiting for birds and they all arrive dead. I had that happen to me only once with some Jubilee Orps and it totally sucked. Those only took two days as well but it was winter and Im guessing USPS left them sit out on a sub zero airfield for hours because they were like 5 weeks old so even feathered out mostly. I usually dont have complaints about the postal service but sometimes they can be total idiots.

Just shipping on a saturday would not cause them all to be dead so Im sure something else happened.  Most shipments take 2 days, I would say 80% of the birds we ship take two days which would mean saturday shipping arriving on monday.  Im not defending a saturday ship day that is very stupid but Im just saying I bet something else happened with the USPS or something because 2 days (if they arrived on Monday) should not result in 25 dead.  I am sorry for your loss though nothing sucks more than patiently and excitedly waiting for birds and they all arrive dead.  I had that happen to me only once with some Jubilee Orps and it totally sucked.  Those only took two days as well but it was winter and Im guessing USPS left them sit out on a sub zero airfield for hours because they were like 5 weeks old so even feathered out mostly.  I usually dont have complaints about the postal service but sometimes they can be total idiots.  

I didnt reveive them until thursday.

Back
Top Bottom