Murray Mcmurray Order Shipped?

That may not be such a bad thing. We've never had much luck with Polish. The chicks seem weaker than other breeds and several did not make it to maturity. One that did ended up with significant scoliosis of the neck. Another just seemed to be lacking brain cells. She would get out of the run and wander off aimlessly instead of sticking near other chickens. Once she almost walked into the road. Another time she was found a quarter mile away in the next town under someone's bush laying an egg. The third time she wandered off into the snow and that was the last of her.

We got 2 Fayoumis last year as an experiment. They definitely are hardy and active. In fact 24 of the 26 chicks I got last year from McMurray are still running around. The 2 that aren't were the free exotic (silver Leghorn cockerel) that didn't like my kids and the oops buff Cochin cockerel that attacked my husband.

I think we ended up getting 5 or so polish. Fingers crossed that they're smart lol We ordered Polish, EE's, Sumatra, Salmon favorelles, and a few others

All arrived happy and healthy! The polish seem to be the ones figuring out things first. Any idea which are which? :D

I was notified yesterday that my order shipped as well, I'm so excited! I'm going to pretend the driver has the box on the passenger seat next to him, talking to the babies and maybe playing some nice music for them as they head west!

My PO told me I should expect the chicks to arrive around 7 am Thursday. I can pick them up there or wait for my mailman to deliver them to my house around lunch time.

Hope your order arrives safe and sound before you know it!

All arrived happy and healthy! The polish seem to be the ones figuring out things first. Any idea which are which?
big_smile.png
The Polish are easy. The Faverolles is next to the white crested black Polish in the bottom food dish. The 2 Fayoumis are on either side of those 2. I would guess the Sumatra is top right. I think there's a blue Cochin center left side. Center one looks like an Easter Egger, along with the other similarly striped chicks. Top left there is a white chick. Does it have green legs? I also see a buff Brahma near the top next to a Polish.

Here is an exact list of the chicks we ordered- 2 Buff Laced Polish, 2 W.C Black Polish, 1 Columbian Wyandotte, 1 Blue Andalusians, 1 Sumatra, 1 Golden Polish, 3 EE's, 1 Salmon Favorelle, 1 Black Star, 1 Welsummer and 2 Egyptian Fayoumi's. I think? (think is the key word here lol) we got most of the breeds figured out. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom