Murray McMurray

ya i guess, but there is a risk for heat stroke right, i mean alot of people say how they die of being cold, huddling toghether and smothering, but iv'e heard nothing about shipped chicks dieing of heat stroke!

Black sex-link roosters have a white dot on their heads. I can't remember who thought they might have a black sex link male. I loved mine.
smile.png

I spoke with MM yesterday because I was trying to hunt down some Silver Spitzhauben's for my husband. They were very nice on the phone and said that they didn't sell them. I was a little surprised as well when the operator that I spoke with said "no, I'm sorry we don't sell that breed because none of our breeders that we get the birds from raise those". I didn't know that MM is a middle man as well. At least that's what I took as my understanding of the conversation. I've not purchased any from them or know anyone personally that has.

I've ordered 3 times from MM. Always good service, maybe lost one chick in transit. Get the vaccines though. The first time I ordered I did lose most of my bantams from CC later on. Then a fox or coyote ate them when they got older...grrrr! That was when I was first starting out with chickens though, I've sense learned that you can't leave your coop open 24/7. MM has the best variety but as far as show quality, it's rare mainly because most anyone can sell their eggs to MM and a lot of people don't care if they are breeding show quality or not.

I highly recommend MM Black Stars (black sex-link) for layers. They are friendly, lay really well and very hardy. Just had to add that.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
for those of you who have recived orders from mcmurray that live on the east coast, what day (sat. sun mon) did they arrive, i'm gussing for PA they won't arrive untill monday but what have you encountered

Rural P.O. in western NY. Monday.
All 29 survived and are wonderfully healthy at 3 1/2 weeks. So far so good!

Back
Top Bottom