Murray McMurray

Saltiena

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Peach Bottom
I really would like to know anyones experiences with McMuray, i ordered them, then i found this site and saw how so many people where getting like 3/4 dead! mine arn't coming 'till June fourth, but still what are your experiences

I've heard a lot of disapointing stories of chicks being dead because of the cold or because of the shipping. A member on here that i know was waiting for her chicks today and so far they haven't been seen. I decided to go with meyer, they were cheaper and very friendly people. They are the closest hatchery to me, so that was the deciding factor. I hope you have a good experience.

I ordered my chicks from MM....back in March. We ordered....15 Buff Orpingont pullets, 2 Buff Orp cockerells, and 8 Cornish X, and opted for the freebie. We got....15 pullets, 2 roos, 10 cornishx, and I believe my freebie is a Dominique pullet. We lost one the day after we got them, my fault....they got too cold, and one was stomped from huddling. All are doing great.....healthy...and at 5 weeks..my Cornish X are almost 4 pounds each!! I personally will order from them again!

Saltiena, McMurray is one of the finest hatcheries in the buisness. Shipping day old chicks is subject to the weather and needs consideration. They are in Iowa and you need to decide if there is someone closer or if the weather is good for 2 to 3 days for shipping of the peeps to survive.

They have healthy day old peeps, but it's up to the mail to deliver them the way they were sent.

bigzio

I also went with Meyer b/c they were closer to VA than others I had found and the used a heating pad in the box...........which was good b/c it was cold a few weeks ago when they came in.......they were nice but I guess everyone has a different experience with everything.......I got 100% going strong still they are 2 weeks old............
jumpy.gif

I order from mm for my chicks to arrive beginning of mar. and I received the wrong order they were very nice and let me keep 14 buff orpingtons 5 buff cockrell and 8 filler red star cockrell and rare chick.They sent me my order next the same weekend that my girlfreind receive her.My son 4-H chick chain order their from there also.I lost one in the first order.none the second order,my girlfriend lost 1 on arrival and one week later.My son lost 3.Not to bad out of 123 chicksoh I forgot the part that they may put a few extras in to fill the box.If you lose one in the first couple of day they fefund your money.To be honest I order from them for the free rare chick (we have a buff cochin,silver hamburg and I thinka feather leg bantem of some kind)

Thank you,
i knew that it was almost inebitabal, and some chickies would die during shipping and the firsy few days, but some people on here said they got like 3 alive out of 25 so i got a bit wigged out
ep.gif
but i feel much better now,good luck with your chickies i hope none of mine are dead
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom