Murray McMurray

I have order from MM two times and just ordered again. Have had 1 chick die between the two shipments.

Also if you are planning on ordering specific breeds I would place an order now. When I ordered, some breeds like barred rocks and buff orps were all sold out until middle of June.

My first time experience with having birds shipped was with MM and it was just 2 weeks ago.

We lost 11 in the first day. It was traumatizing to us! I tried desperately to save them, I had many die in my hand. Sigh.

Customer Service was absolutely wonderful though, they refunded immediately for any lost (they offered to ship replacements but I couldn't stand the thought).

I'm sure ours was just a bad experience... we went with them because they were highly recommended.

I have never odered chicks biut from everyone says i think I would sice they are close to me and all.

Quote:
Could you post a pic of your silver hamburg I have at 3 months old and I would like to compare them if possible.

thanks

I will not order from MM again. I had a lot of trouble ordering over the phone and then my chicks were delayed a week. They did not tell me this until the Monday they were supposed to come, after I had taken the day off. The next week my chicks were lost in the mail. They mailed them Saturday and they did not arrive until Tuesday. I was very upset that they did not have tracking abilities on live animals. I would have gone to pick them up somewhere. Needless to say almost 4 days in a box for Bantys was too long and we lost a third of our chicks. I specifically told them I did not want a free chick if it was standard and she told me they would never give you a free standard with all Bantams. Well, there was a Standard in the box! It dwarfs over all of the little ones. I was so upset! Also, one of my gold laced cochins is just black. It was horrible to watch the chicks die. I will drive to pick up chicks from breeders in the future.

that frightens me
sad.png
:thun im now terrified at the horors that may await me !!?!

i haven't had any trouble with McMurray.

I have one that's 4 weeks old that's having some issues from being pecked, I didn't get him out of the herd in time, i'll make a decision tomorrow as to whether I try to keep him going or not... that's not the hatcheries issue, though.

I've order from McMurray 4 times and have had no problems. All the hens were hens and all the chicks survived. We usually received them shortly after 24 hours of them being hatched. We were surprised to see that stamped on the box, hatched 5:45 am friday and arrived at PO saturday morning, delivered by 10am (I have the post office call me when they come in)

Sorry for the bad luck some have had, but McM has been good to us.

Donna

I guess when you are having chicks mailed by any hatchery you take the risk of them being lost in the mail. If we had gotten our chicks in 24 hours I am sure they would have been fine. Two years ago I ordered from MM and they got here on Sunday and were all fine. After going through the problems with this order though, I just don't want to risk it again.

Back
Top Bottom