Murry Mcmurry Hatchery problems?

jmk3482

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
Troy, MO
Hello everyone, I was going to order from these guys and was wondering if they are still haveing problems with the chicks. I'm not sure what was happening but does anyone know if the problem is resolved? Thanks.

I had an order placed with them and cancelled based on what I had read here and I ordered from another hatchery this year. I think MM's a great company but I felt more confident waiting until next spring.

I believe it was taken care of. If you use the "Search" on here you will be able to pull up all the posts about it.

They got buried on the forum
big_smile.png

I received an order from them on March 1 and encountered the problems that they were having. I can't say enough good things about their customer service. I received the replacements for my losses last Saturday. The chicks all seem to be ok so far. The first batch of chicks didn't start having problems until around 10 days so I have a few days to go. That being said, my brother received his first order at the same time I did and also experienced the problems. His replacement chicks are now 3 weeks old and are all very healthy. So, judging by that, I would say they have the problem resolved. I'll know for sure in a few days.

We received our MM order of 72 March 31. All have survived and are doing very well. We got EE's, Light Brahma's, NH, and freebie standard buff Cochen (I think). Very pleased with our order.

I'm hoping it's resolved. We let our order stand and they arrive tomorrow or Monday. I'll let you know as we go! I'm keeping them away from the Ideal chicks I picked up today. Just in case.

You should be fine. From what I read, the problem was with the water at the hatchery and it was resolved. I also believe that what the chicks were suffering from is transmitted only from hen to chicks. Search the topic of McMurray and you can read the posts.
big_smile.png

I split an order with Nick who is also a BYC member. We received our chicks on Sunday, March 16th and they are 4 weeks old today. We got:

11 White Rocks
8 Buff Rocks
11 Barred Rocks
10 Partridge Rocks
4 Black Jersey Giants
5 RIRs
4 Leghorns

I had read that two of the affected breeds were the Black Jersey Giants and the Buff Rocks, so I was watching all the posts very closely.

Of the 53 chicks there were no DOAs and at 4 weeks of age we have had no problems - all healthy, happy and doing great.

At this point, I'm hopefully optimistic that the virus has run its course, although I'm still keeping a close eye on all of my chicks.

Quote:
I went ahead and ordered from welp. A friend of mine orders from them a couple times of year and never had probems. They had all my chicks I wanted, even welsummers. They are not coming to mid may(that was my option) and so far the cust service has been great.

Back
Top Bottom