Murry McMurry Hatchery?

I have gotten from them....White and Buff Orpingtons,Silver Laced Wyandotte,Columbian Wyandotte, Black Jersey Giants and Red Leghorn. And my surprise chick was a Silver Polish rooster. Also 4 ducks. All were very healthy.

I have gotten all my Rhode Island Reds and 3 Leghorns. 1 Leghorn got very sick and passed then the other drowned
sad.png
a rookie mistake... I got my EEs from Stoltzfus feed (they had a hatchery ship in everyones orders) and where very healthy. My Rhode Island Reds where very healthly. As for my Leghorns, they weren't in good health, with us needing to give our last Leghorn medicated feed and Corid powder for about 1 month

I have a catalog from them from 2010. do you think they'll have similar selections next spring? Like if I was hoping for a breed in that catalog I shouldnt bother looking into it in the future because they changed it? Even though I wouldnt order from them because their minimum is 25!!
sickbyc.gif
I might still consider it though.....
hu.gif

Last edited:
I bought my first batch of chickens from them a couple weeks ago: anconas, blue andalusians, black minorcas, brown leghorns, and silver hamburgs, five of each breed. They sent two extra--a brown leghorn and a free exotic chick we are still trying to identify. One chick died the first night and we lost an ancona on July 4th, when I discovered she was having trouble breathing. I did my novice best to save her but she passed a few hours after I found her. Other than that the remaining chicks are thriving--running and flying crazily about, making lots of noise and creating lots of mess. We sure do love our chicks:)

Quote:
Most hatcheries usually don't get rid of breeds; they're more likely to add more breeds. If you're looking for low minimums, you might want to consider Meyer (3 chick minimum I believe) or Ideal (which only has a dollar limit of $25 and not a chick limit, so as long as your chicks add up to at least $25, it doesn't matter how few you're ordering. If your order is small, however, they'll add extra males for warmth unless you request that they don't).

Quote:
Im very happy about my RIR and surviving Leghorn. They are so friendly! If you have a pic of your exoctic chick maybe someone/I will be able to help! I have never gotten a mystery chick though. I have strict rules of hens only until I get my own house and big yard
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom