**Muscovy Contest** ***RESULTS ARE IN***(PG 6)

Category: Best group Picture
Name: Dark Knight
Sex: Ducklet
Short Story About Duck/Photo: This is my first Little scovie! When I got her the three ducklings I kept from my july hatch acted as her body guards and it was just SO cute!

smtzr5.jpg

2wej5nr.jpg

Category: Cutest duckling
Short Story About Duck/Photo: She was very Photogenic when she was a youngster

2unvqsj.jpg

Category: Best Hen
Short Story About Duck/Photo: it was a nice day out and she was the only one i didnt have to zoom in on.
mjwsg4.jpg

20qb6v5.jpg

Category: Cute ducklings
Name: Un-named
Sex: Ducklings....hopefully a male and few females...lol
Short Story About Duck/Photo: My little crew being camera shy in their brooder.

muscovies.jpg

- Category: Best Hen
Name: Jemima Puddle-Duck
Sex: Hen
Short Story About Duck/Photo:

My 2 year old sister named this duck. She is one of the first ducks we got. Isn't she pretty??

19268_copy_of_dsc00116.jpg

Category: Best Group Photo
Name: The Three Musketeers!
Sex: Two hens and a drake
Short Story About Duck/Photo: Quick snapshot of our three 'Scovies! They are resting after a dip in the pool.

ducks.jpg

Ok. Here goes. I hope I get this right.

Category: Best Hen / Best Colored Bird
Name: Sandy MacNeil (aka Sandy Mac)
Sex: Hen
Short story: We found Sandy Mac on the side of the road in the dark of night. She was deathly ill. We brought her home. Never expected her to live, but she did!! Now she is the most wonderful duck. She gives hugs. REALLY!!

2112_sandy_macneil.jpg

Category: Cutest Duckling
Name: Madison & Baby Duck
Sex: Females
Short Story: This is one of our miracle baby ducks. The broody mom had sat for 16 weeks. She would NOT get off the nest and would not let us have her eggs. (We provided food and water for her). Then, one evening, when I went to put the ducks up, she had two babies sitting beside her!!! The only thing we can figure out is that she DID get off the nest when we weren't around and two other hens laid eggs in there after she'd already been setting a LONG time!!

2112_p8160003.jpg

Category: Funniest photo
Name: Sandy MacNeil (aka Sandy Mac)
Sex: Female
Short story: We leave our front door propped open so the cats can go in and out at will. We don't know how she learned to do it, but every afternoon Sandy Mac wanders in to get herself a snack out of the dog's bowl. Then she gets a drink of water and heads back outside. She's never pooped in the house once!

2112_sandy_mac_in_dogs_bowl.jpg

Category: funniest photo
Name: Carolyn with Peabody and Baby Duck
Sex: Female, Male, Female Duckling
Short story: Baby duck is telling our friend, Carolyn, that that peachick on her shoulder is not worth his salt since he can't swim!!

2112_carolyn_with_peabods_baby_duck.jpg

Category: Best All Around Photo
Name: Eleana at Dusk
Sex: Female
Short story: Eleana wants to roost on top of the pens at night, but we have too many predators. So every night we have to swoop her off of here with the broom. She keeps trying though.

2112_eleana_at_dusk.jpg

Category: Best Group Photo
Name: Last one in is a rotten egg
Sex: Mixed
Short story: Just happened to catch this shot when all of our white ducks were looking at the swimming pool at the same time. Wheee!

2112_last_one_in_is_a_rotten_egg.jpg

Category: Best Drake / Best Colored Bird
Name: The One and The Other One
Sex: Drakes
Short Story: They came to be called The One and The Other One because we close our condos with screen doors when there are babies to keep the rats from carrying them off. Each night I would look in and say to the Momma Duck, "ok, mom, I see the one, but where is the other one?" It just stuck. So here they are: The One (black, white, and green) and The Other One (shades of gray and white). They are inseparable.

2112_the_one_and_the_other_one.jpg

Category: Best Group
Name: 2007 Ducklings
Sex: Mixed
Short Story: I thought it was kinda neat how the green and black ones grouped together and the gray and white ones grouped together. These were some of our 2007 ducklings.

2112_2007_ducklings.jpg

Sure am glad we have until 3:00 am EDT. I ALMOST didn't make this!!! Even if my babies don't win, this was fun!!!

Back
Top Bottom